Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Westwinds

The sun was setting down. It was time. I had to leave this place. I planned this with my comrade the night before. I no longer wanted to be caged in this strange horse-filled suburbia. With my glistening green Civic, I quickly escaped. I love how practical my car is. This little hummingbird soared across the cyber jungle, with its belly still full of nectar. As I exited, I quickly assumed I was lost. I was surrounded by massive tech firms. "There couldn't be a residential area here." Alas, I was wrong. Nestled within the heart of Silicon Valley was a charming community dubbed Westwinds. As I walked through the narrow streets, each home I passed had a remarkable perk to it. I was especially delighted by the sky blue house with the petunias out front. I finally arrived at my friend's house. I walked up the steps and waited briefly in front of the screen door. His parents, exceptionally friendly yet distant, casually allowed me to walk through into their younger son's room. I passed by their kitchen, eying on their fridge enveloped with family photos. As a photographer, you can't help but be fascinated by the private lives around you. I opened the door. "Hey man, how's it going?" "What's up Leeper?". After our usual greetings, I met his brother and good friend, and introduced myself.

Dedicated to Leeper

No comments:

Post a Comment