Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Sharp Cold Pain

I've always hated this feeling. Why does this happen to me? It is a constant reminder that I can't enjoy this to its full extent. Every time I go for it, it bites back. An annoying icy sensation. The sharp cold pain is triggered from the moment I sink it in. I can feel the pain, tingling and traveling, from the surface to the roots. I bear with it. No, I ignore it. The only thing on my mind is the sweet, quenching, and satisfying creamy taste. I couldn't swallow this, I wanted to savor it. Only gravity will slowly drag this creamy goodness from my tongue to my gut. The day was still scorching. My taste buds, still unsatisfied. I stare at my icy treat. I know this was going to be a vicious cycle, but I simply cannot resist it. I await my fate, and proceed another bite.

Dedicated to and inspired by Cee Leopard.

3 comments:

  1. Fred, I really love how descriptive this is. It makes ice cream sound so dangerous and risque, but I guess that's just the life of someone who's lactose intolerant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, perhaps I should write about the fiery explosion it will cause.

    ReplyDelete